A lot of people ask where I get my books, so here’s a short list of my favorite places:
- BOOK OUTLET! This site is everything — you can get brand new bestselling hardcovers for $2. The scratch/dent books are super cheap (and usually in great condition), and every week they have 50 books that are an additional 50% off + a whole bunch of bargain books. And then there are $5 off coupons, free shipping over $35, and they’re constantly having sales for further discounts. HERE’S MY CODE TO SAVE $10 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
- Book Depository is great for finding pretty international editions with free shipping. If you sign up for emails they have the occasional coupon too.
- Books of Wonder is perfect if you want signed pre-orders!
- Here’s the full list of where I get signed books.
- AbeBooks has used or out of print editions.
- Half.com has used books, but it’s usually more hassle than it’s worth because everyone lists them under the wrong ISBN or condition.
- Goodreads giveaways!!! Seriously. I get several free books each month just by clicking a few entry boxes.
- Blogging for Books – I get about 40 books each year from them for free.
- Books-A-Million has some good bargain book prices and autographed copies
- Review copies. Almost all of my books come from publishers now. I maybe buy like 1 book every 3 months.
- Library sales, thrift stores, giveaway piles outside of dorms on move out day, etc.
- Juniper Books is just straight up gorgeous.
- Amazon has the most reliable shipping for preorders in my experience. And if you follow authors on Twitter they’ll usually tweet when their book is on sale! A lot of kindle books seem to be $1.99 right before a sequel is released.
- I’ve never bought books from Target or somewhere like that because it’s typically super expensive, but I mean… they have books. They are there.