I’m so grateful that the Goodreads Year in Review exists so I could look back at the books I read in 2017 and easily spot my favorites! I didn’t necessarily forget some of them (ok, fine, maybe I totally did), but quite a few felt like I read them SO long ago that it couldn’t have been the same year. Did A Conjuring of Light seriously come out less than 11 months ago?!
I definitely loved more books than I was able to include on a short list, so I ended up picking the ones that stuck with me the most. So… after a lot of PAINFUL CHOICES… my top picks out of the 400+ books I read last year are:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
- Half a King by Joe Abercrombie
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Everless by Sara Holland
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
Did any of these make your list? Let me know in the comments what some of your favorite reads were!
I’m not really huge on resolutions, but one of my “goals” for the new year is to read more books that I want to read and know I’ll love. I still plan on prioritizing whatever publishers send, but I’d also like to balance that with other books I already have! I’m pretty excited to see what my 2018 summary will look like with that plan…