Kristin Cashore’s new book is finally here!! It was released earlier this week, so I wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes to celebrate. I’m also thrilled to be part of the official blog tour so I can share that giveaway at the bottom of this post!
The highly anticipated standalone from the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of the Graceling Realm series—a kaleidoscopic novel about grief, adventure, storytelling, and finding yourself in a world of seemingly infinite choices.
Jane has lived an ordinary life, raised by her aunt Magnolia—an adjunct professor and deep sea photographer. Jane counted on Magnolia to make the world feel expansive and to turn life into an adventure. But Aunt Magnolia was lost a few months ago in Antarctica on one of her expeditions.
Now, with no direction, a year out of high school, and obsessed with making umbrellas that look like her own dreams (but mostly just mourning her aunt), she is easily swept away by Kiran Thrash—a glamorous, capricious acquaintance who shows up and asks Jane to accompany her to a gala at her family’s island mansion called Tu Reviens.
Jane remembers her aunt telling her: “If anyone ever invites to you to Tu Reviens, promise me that you’ll go.” With nothing but a trunkful of umbrella parts to her name, Jane ventures out to the Thrash estate. Then her story takes a turn, or rather, five turns. What Jane doesn’t know is that Tu Reviens will offer her choices that can ultimately determine the course of her untethered life. But at Tu Reviens, every choice comes with a reward, or a price.
Kristin Cashore grew up in the northeast Pennsylvania countryside as the second of four daughters. She received a bachelor’s degree from Williams College and a master’s from the Center for the Study of Children’s Literature at Simmons College, and she has worked as a dog runner, a packer in a candy factory, an editorial assistant, a legal assistant, and a freelance writer. She has lived in many places (including Sydney, New York City, Boston, London, Austin, and Jacksonville, Florida), and she currently lives in the Boston area. Her epic fantasy novels set in the Graceling Realm–Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue–have won many awards and much high praise, including picks as ALA Best Books for Young Adults, School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, Booklist Editors Choice, and Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. In addition, Graceling was shortlisted for the William C. Morris Debut Award and Fire is an Amelia Elizabeth Walden Book Award Winner.
“How disorienting it had been to attend the classes she’d watched enviously through the windows her whole life, and wind up miserable. In the end, she’d spent most nights with Aunt Magnolia instead of in her dorm room, feeling like she was living a parallel version of her own life, one that didn’t fit her skin. Like she was a puzzle piece from the wrong puzzle.
On grad students: “It was like living with self-important Owl from Winnie-the-Pooh except that their hygiene was worse…”
“The Doctor’s all tragic and broody and last of his kind, and I get the appeal of that, but I like Donna Noble and Rose Tyler. And Amy and Rory, and Clara Oswald, and Martha Jones. No one ever likes Martha Jones but I like Martha Jones. She’s an asskicker.
“A storm can be a cozy thing when one isn’t in it.”
“If there’s more than one world, why shouldn’t there be more than one life?”
“There *are* many lives in every life.”
Enter for a chance to be one (1) of three (3) winners to receive a hardcover copy of Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore. (ARV: $18.99 each).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between 12:00 AM Eastern Time on September 11, 2017 and 12:00 AM on October 9, 2017. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about October 11, 2017. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- September 11 – Alexa Loves Books – Bookish Style Files
- September 11 – The Bookiemoji – Review
- September 12 – Tales of the Ravenous Reader – Playlist
- September 12 – Wandering Bark Books – Review
- September 13 – Sarcasm & Lemons – Umbrellas Jane Would Make for YA Characters
- September 13 – Arctic Books – Review
- September 14 – Book Nerd Addicts – Review
- September 14 – In Wonderland
- September 15 – YA Book Central – Excerpt
- September 15 – My Friends are Fiction – Promo
- September 18 – YA Bibliophile – Review
- September 18 – Across the Words – Umbrellas, A History
- September 19 – The Eater of Books! – Mood Board
- September 19 – NovelKnight
- September 20 – Great Imaginations – Review
- September 20 – The Wednesday Blog for Books – Review
- September 21 – Icey Books – Jane, Unlimited Quote Candy
- September 21 – A Page With a View – Favorite Quotes
- September 22 – A Thousand Books to Read – Review
- September 22 – BookCrushin – Review
- September 25 – Teen Librarian Toolbox
- September 25 – The Young Folks – 10 Reasons to Read Jane, Unlimited
- September 26 – Live Love Read – A Mood Board for Every Story
- September 26 – No BS Book Reviews – Review
- September 27 – Andi’s ABCs
- September 27 – The Novel Hermit
- September 28 – Paper Trail YA – Review
- September 28 – Swoony Boys Podcast – Jane, Unlimited Fan Cast
- September 29 – I Am A Reader
- September 29 – Fiction Fare – Review
- October 2 – Don’t Fold the Page
- October 2 – Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile – Characters & Tea
- October 3 – MuggleNet – Review
- October 3 – Xpresso Reads – Top 10 Awesome Umbrellas
- October 4 – The Book Wars – Review
- October 4 – Once Upon a Twilight – Guess the Story in GIFs
- October 5 – Mundie Moms – Review
- October 5 – YA Romantics – Review & Quiz
- October 6 – Bookworm Everlasting – Book Photography
- October 6 – Here’s to Happy Endings – Bookish Style Board